Core Processes, Systems and Structures
Risk management systems
F-wise Capital developed an in-house risk management system which provides the following:
- Risk measurement.
- Risk profiling.
- Position profiles.
- Profit and Loss determination.
As a member of the IRC Market of the JSE, F-wise Capital must adhere to the rules of the Exchange and ultimately the Financial Services Board (FSB) which prescribes procedures to be followed.
In addition to this F-wise Capital also has procedures regarding:
- Trading limits.
- Document flow.
Front office systems
Traders make use of STT’s Avvento (API) and DST’s DIRO (API) front-end Trading System.
- Back office systems
The financial and administrative staff of F-wise Capital provide the following:
- Easy client registration.
- Booking fees report.
- Daily account summary
- Profit and loss determination on a daily basis.
Reuter’s system which provides:
- Reports on international market information.
- Online international exchange rates.
- News articles of importance to the forex industry.
- Bank’s Forex trading and pricing systems
- Independent Forex risk solutions provided by 3rd party
F-wise Capital (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of Farmwise Grains (Pty) Ltd and a member of the JSE. F–wise Capital is a member of the Interest Rate and Currency Derivative Division of the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE) and therefore has to abide by the rules of the JSE. This includes the rules regarding ethics and conduct that governs aspects such as:
- Reporting of contraventions
- Insider trading, and
- Clearing and settlement